Tarryl Clark for Congress Friends
April 19, 2024, 01:49:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tarryl Clark is running for Congress again! She's running in the Minnesota 8th District in 2012.  Let's help her get it done! GO TARRYL!!! We love you and so will Duluth!!! 

Please donate to Tarryl Clark for Congress!!! http://tarrylclark.com/
Please donate today!!!

BREAKING NEWS: Tarryl Clark to run for Congress in 2012 against Rep. Chip Cravaack in MN-08. Join the Clark for Congress Campaign now! Please donate to Tarryl's campaign today!
http://tarrylclark.com/

Save Medicare and Social Security from the GOP !!!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

First ballot: Tarryl Clark wins DFL endorsement in Minnesota's Sixth congression

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: First ballot: Tarryl Clark wins DFL endorsement in Minnesota's Sixth congression  (Read 172 times)
An American Patriot
Administrator

« on: July 19, 2010, 06:31:24 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Bluestem Prairie
New Media for Greater Minnesota

Mar 27, 2010
First ballot: Tarryl Clark wins DFL endorsement in Minnesota's Sixth congressional district

I've known Tarryl and Doug Clark for nearly ten years, having first met them at church in St. Cloud. Pleased when she was elected to the state  senate, I was thrilled to learn she planned to run against Congresswoman Bachmann in Minnesota's Sixth Congressional District.

My state senate district includes a slice of the Sixth, a slice of Western Wright County where the DFL-endorsed senate candidate, Hal Kimball, lives. While I live in the Seventh, I look forward to doorknocks, parades and other campaign event in SD18 with both Hal and Tarryl, who was endorsed on the first ballot at the Sixth CD DFL convention this afternoon.

My bank and insurance agent are in the Sixth, and the small town business people I talk to on Main Street are embarrassed by Bachmann. Since they know I'm a Democrat, they were asking about Clark and Maureen Reed on Thursday when I had business in their town. They're tired of the media circus and want someone to work for them in Washington.

According to media accounts, Reed plans to challenge Clark in the DFL primary. I think Clark will win the support of voters come August.

And Bachmann? Today she was in Duluth; Monday she'll be in Rochester. Neither city is in her district. Want to send her a message--and help the citizens of the Sixth to hire someone in November who will work for them, rather than the spotlight? Contribute now to the Tarryl Clark Moneybomb. The end of the first quarter for FEC reporting is just a few days away.

Prouddemfortc From the Clark Campaign:

State Senator Tarryl Clark today became the Democratic-Farmer-Labor (DFL) Party’s candidate for Congress in Minnesota’s 6th Congressional District, securing the endorsement in a decisive first ballot vote of the delegates at today’s DFL convention. As the Party’s endorsed candidate, Clark has the full backing of the Minnesota DFL Party and all its resources – including an army of volunteers - between now and the election.

“Washington isn’t working for Minnesota families, and neither is Michele Bachmann,” said Clark. “I’m ready to do the work and be the advocate the people of the Sixth District deserve. I’ve spent my entire life standing up for our values on the issues that matter, and I’m proud to have a record of delivering results for people.”

The first ballot victory, earning the support of a super-majority of delegates, reflects the success of Clark’s grassroots campaign. Clark has secured every endorsement in this race, including teachers, nurses, students, women, organized labor and progressive organizations. Clark has been amongst the top-fundraising challengers nationally, already building a base of more than 7,000 individual contributors.

Clark noted that her volunteers begin the campaign immediately, with doorknocks fanning out across the district beginning at Noon tomorrow from the campaign’s St. Cloud headquarters.

Frankenclark “Our grassroots campaign has reached out to every corner of this district, and I’m proud to have earned their overwhelming support,” said Clark. “Today -- together -- we begin in earnest the fight to bring an end to Michele Bachmann’s agenda. Michele Bachmann is free to pursue her agenda on her own time, but no longer on the people’s dime.”

In securing the endorsement today, Clark defeated former Independence Party candidate Dr. Maureen Reed, who was also seeking the Party’s endorsement.

Clark was elected to the Senate in a special election in 2005, and re-elected in 2006 by double-digit margins. She represents the St. Cloud area. In the Senate, Clark has been a leader focused on creating jobs, ensuring opportunity for children and families, and supporting our veterans and military families. She’s built a record of results on issues from protecting consumers to education to creating affordable, accessible health care.

Posted by Sally Jo Sorensen on Mar 27, 2010 at 03:37 PM in Congress, Events , Politics | Permalink ShareThis

Report Spam   Logged

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." ~ Anais Nin

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: